Re: Why is Google referencing wrong site ??

  • Subject: Re: Why is Google referencing wrong site ??
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:28:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Borek wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:14:14 +0200, RH <rh@axiak.com> wrote:
>
>> When I ask Google to find web pages from my site www.axiak.com it
>> brings up a description from a site which is not mine. The description
>> comes from a page about hydroplanes that was cached by Google on June
>
> Sounds like the hijacked page... It was discussed several times at
> webmasterworld. But I can be wrong. You should definitely report
> it to Google.

Isn't that quite the /remote/ possibility explanation? I still believe it
might be a mistake made by Google. Do the hijackers appear to be malicious
in nature? (rhetoric) Then again, hijacking is not something I know very
much of. My knowledge intentionally lacks malevolent stuff like Windows
viruses and spam.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com