Re: _generating_ an RSS feed?

  • Subject: Re: _generating_ an RSS feed?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:41:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Ignoramus23776 wrote:

> I realized that now is a good time to add several RSS channels to my
> site algebra.com. One would be for newly submitted unsolved algebra
> problems, another would be for newly solver problems, one more for new
> user submitted lessons and solvers, and the last one for update
> announcements and new features.
>
> Is there anyone who generates automated RSS feeds in perl, and not
> from GUI?
>
> Which modules do you use? I am looking at XML::RSS::SimpleGen, it
> seems to limit itself to one channel per file. I thought that there
> can be more than one channel in an RSS file.

Glad you solved the problem by now...

I have looked at your site and I wonder if you will find PHP-Nuke useful. It
is surprisingly powerful, much more than WordPress, Drupal and their
relatives that look like toys in comparison. PHP-Nuke has got feeds support
but I wonder if mirating all the text and equations is practical. You did
ask us about WordPress in the past... it is now turning into a CMS towards
the release of version 1.6.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com