Re: Google, MSN and Yahoo Referrals

  • Subject: Re: Google, MSN and Yahoo Referrals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:41:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Big Bill wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:48:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>In my main domain, I have never received many referrals from MSN or Yahoo.
>>I have never had an explanation, but did not seem to care much either. Are
>>there any well-known reasons why this may be? Google currently has ~100
>>times the amount of referrals from Yahoo and ~500 times the amount of
>>referrals from MSN. Google cannot be /that/ popular, can it? Judging by 2
>>other domains of mine, it is not by /that/ far ahead either.
>>
>>Any advice please? I am probably doing something wrong, strategically at
>>least.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Roy
>

> MSN are going far more by onpage content than Google are just at the
> moment. I have 14 (whoa! get down with my bad self, eh?), yup, a whole
> 14 visitors from MSN for
> search engine optimisation
> over the past few days and none at all from Google.

Then I sure hope they don't read _all_ pages _too_ carefully. Many of my
items criticise Microsoft's behaviour on the Internet, which they have (and
still do) break in a variety of ways. If you look at the front page of my
Web log, you will see that at least 2/6 items question Microsoft's code of
conduct (another one in drafts to come out soon). I am curious to know what
comes up if you look up 'microsoft evil' in MSN search.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com