Re: google search dot

  • Subject: Re: google search dot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:05:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
o. wrote:

> Does anyone know how can I search in google text that includes special
> characters, such as dot (.) or asterisk (*), for instance how do I
> search [linux ".history"]?
>
> (google as default remove those characters from the search).
>

> thanks, ofer.

Use Linux search

http://www.google.com/linux

If you don't want to read about the history of *NIX, search for "dot
history". Google does not index punctuation so ".history" is not something
you can search for.

If you are looking for some general information about ".history", there's no
plenty. All your commands from bash get output there so that you can repeat
them later. Also try "man history".

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com