Re: Kill files on Thunderbird

  • Subject: Re: Kill files on Thunderbird
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:19:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
Shawn Roske wrote:

> Once you are viewing a message in the thread you want to killfile, select
> the Message menu and look at the bottom options [Ignore Thread] and [Watch
> Thread]-- note the K and W shortcuts.  You have to be viewing the message
> for this to work.
>
> I think the next release ought to impliment a Rt-Click option.  The
> current killfile method is not intuitive, and this hurts Thunderbird.

With KNode it's just I or W for "ignore" and "watch" respectively. In
Thunderbird, you don't need to select a message though. Just hit it with
the right (right-handed) mouse button, then hit K or W.

Overall, the only difference is that in KNode you hit the /left/ button,
followed by one keystoke. In Thunderbird you hit the /right/ button,
followed by one keystoke. Almost no difference in speed and even less room
for mistaken keypresses by rookies.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com