Re: CSS dashed line

John Abbler wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> Thank you for the quick response!
>
> I am trying to implement your suggestion, but must confess I don't know
> how to embed the element in my document.
>
> I added these lines to my stylesheet:
>
> testelement {
>         border-top: 3px dotted #000000;
>         margin-top: 5px;
> }
>
> The I tried to add this to my document:
> <testelement />
>
> But, I'm not having luck yet.  Am I implementing this correctly?
>
> Thanks, again.

Try H6 assuming you do not use it in the document already. The rest of this
newsgroup will slag me off for suggesting something that is
semantically-rotten. In my defence, I implemented something similar only in
a password-protected Wiki which I use for correspondence.

Anyway, just add <h6> </h6> at the points where you want the horizontal
line. You are essentially rendering the top part of a rectagular box.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com