Re: Categories in Applications

  • Subject: Re: Categories in Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:48:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Adam Helberg wrote:

> I deleted all the categories except "Que" on my Garmin iQue OS5, but every
> once in a while categories mysteriously reappear, such as "System" and
> "Main". Anyone have any idea how this works and how I can keep these
> categories from appearing?

If you don't intend to move from one computer to another, have you
considered changing the settings in HotSync manager to "handheld overwrites
desktop" in whatever is responsible for installation (maybe "Install")? It
clearly attempts to reconstruct something which it is convinced should be
there. If the categories are void, I presume this won't cause any
conflicts.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com