Re: AdSense Interface Change

  • Subject: Re: AdSense Interface Change
  • From: Chris Hope <blackhole@electrictoolbox.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:07:19 +1200
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Has anybody else noticed the change to the AdSense 'dashboard'? This
> transition is probably a few hours old.
>
> A few points to make:
>
> -They now separate between clicks from AdSense for content and AdSense
> for search
>
> -Bandwidth is reduced because only totals are displayed, not a
> detailed table (*)
>
> -Comma separated value lists are easy to view or download
>
> -All-time aggregation of data is no longer available (*)
>

> (*) It seems to me like Google are trying to reduce the load on their
> databases as well as reduce bandwidth. Pages are lighter (less
> resource-demanding too), but they are less informative. Menus are
> rendered using the CSS nifty corner trick so there is no added
> bandwidth there.

I prefer the old format, although there are some useful things about the
new system.

Before I could log in a see all my channels with the amount earned per
channel for today or yesterday (depending whay I was looking at the
last time I logged in) and now it takes me two clicks and a page
refresh to get the same thing. Grrr...