Re: Get indexed on Google ------- Google Sitemaps (BETA)

  • Subject: Re: Get indexed on Google ------- Google Sitemaps (BETA)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:34:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
piyush@stellarinfo.com wrote:

> We can use Google Sitemaps to get our site crawled. Using Sitemaps to
> inform and direct crawlers. This will speed up the process of indexing
> new pages.........
>
> I think, after some time this technique will be used by all the major
> search engines.............
>
> https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/faq.html#what

Possibly yes. The date+link tuple allows crawlers to avoid re-processing and
handling unchanged pages time and time again. It reduces traffic and allows
the crawler to concentrate on new pages. If you publish items that will
receive high attention (SERP demand) for only a few days, Google site maps
are definitely for you. Alternatives are Ping-o-matic and services like
Technorati, but their weight is futile compared with that of major search
engines.

> Piyush Jain
> <A href="http://www.stellarinfo.com";>Data Recovery Software &
> Services</a>

Why do you write HTML code? It's a message, not a Web page.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com