Re: Advice Needed: Time to Rest?

  • Subject: Re: Advice Needed: Time to Rest?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:51:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights
max wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been doing pretty intense four day splits for two months.  I'm
> not in pain and I'm not tired, but would I probably benefit from
> taking a week off?
>
> mon - Chest - 1.5 hours
> tues - Biceps, Triceps - 1.5 hours
> wed - break
> thurs - legs
> friday - back, shoulders
>
> Thanks so much for your advice.
>
> Max

In principle, I find that the longer you work out for (over the long term),
the more frequently you can do exercise and the longer the sessions you can
endure. You should definitely take a week off a few times a year and let
your body rest.

Hope it helps and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com