Re: Digitizer and resets?

  • Subject: Re: Digitizer and resets?
  • From: AaronJ <noemail@noemail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:48:34 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>My younger brother who uses it [m130] now had to get accustomed (as did I)
>to tapping the display millimeters off the true spots.

The mad digitizer syndrome is a *mechanical* defect just like a broken switch.
There is software that will compensate (like DigiFix) but the only real solution
is to repair the unit. Some have found that cleaning and reseating the internal
cables solved the problem. If all else fails, and you're handy the digitizer can
be replaced for US$40.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Session_ID=42DD2E2F00006DA90000096E00000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PA1543&Category_Code=DIG