Re: Duplicate URL's from RSS

John Bokma wrote:

>> Yes, the PR dilution would be the one negative effect I can think
>> of.

> OTOH, how much PR are those feeds going to get? I use the same strategy

> (temporary) and I am not worried about it.

Well, not the feeds themselves, obviously, but it they will eventually get
picked up by a Web site or two, the bots will follow the links to
item001.htm?from_rss in the URL, whereas the direct internal link would
lead to item001.htm directly. So, you'll get your external PR passed to
item001.htm?from_rss and internal to just item001.htm hence the PR is less
than it could have been. OTOH, if all your strategy is revolving around
getting the feed picked up by some OTHER sites, then you may not have to
worry much about internal links and their PR, so it's not an issue.

Sincerely,
Dmitri
http://www.1-script.com/install/
Check out my CGI scripts installation offer

Article posted with Web Developer's USENET Archive
http://www.1-script.com/forums
alt.internet.search-engines - 11102 messages and counting!