Re: why is google losing my pages? please help!

  • Subject: Re: why is google losing my pages? please help!
  • From: "Dr. Paula E. Burch" <PaulaBurchTemp@hotmail.com>
  • Date: 27 Jul 2005 12:10:25 -0700
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Now that you mention it Borek, I noticed that many of Paula's front pages
> have no PR (PR0) or no PR reported (greyed out). Deeper pages have better
> PR. Unless the front 'gateways' were added very, very recently (a couple of
> weeks ago at most), they should have had some rank associated with them.

Greyed out in what?

I can see PRs for these pages if I try a pagerank calculator such as
<http://www.top25web.com/pagerank.php>. Are all pagerank calculators
equal? It looks as though they are not....

I was assuming you meant in the Google toolbar, which last time I'd
checked was not available for people who weren't using Windows
machines. Now I see that it is for some, though, and upon installing it
(as well as a sufficiently recent version of Firefox) I see pageranks
in the toolbar for these pages. Whereas the PR calculator I tried
showed me a PR of 5 for http://www.pburch.net, the Firefox Google
Toolbar is showing a PR of 4 for it. It yields a PR of 5 for
http://www.pburch.net/dyeing.shtml though, like the calculator I
checked.

How do you prefer to check PRs?

Thanks.