Re: Why change the title to- Approaching Gray Hat SEO?

  • Subject: Re: Why change the title to- Approaching Gray Hat SEO?
  • From: Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:16:47 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
  • References: <dc5qc3$fit$1$830fa795@news.demon.co.uk> <2qvee19gvr05cnvtp2ppocqsr7ug3dt0re@4ax.com> <dc8cuv$1a3h$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <r3fge19b1e8hcuehceagas19h86grm03kr@4ax.com> <urrge19a81kocrel3bh3cjmtnvh7o65os3@4ax.com> <dc9vqq$2tqa$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <6u9he1lb123bndjb4b3drl7rc7vk402t28@4ax.com> <dcanf7$2q3$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <u7phe1to61enfg9kbhhl02nhvuk3l7m6pi@4ax.com> <dcas4v$445$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <3m5je1d3nh7osvjc43nn4jots3j7b69eg3@4ax.com>
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:43:04 GMT, David
<seodave@search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:03:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
><newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>

>Oh look Dave can't get lots of search engine traffic to a 5 page web
>site therefore he's full of crap and deceives people.

That's not the reason we say you're full of crap!

>Though this is very funny coming from someone who steals other people
>copyright material without their permission-

Which is exactly what we caught you doing.

>http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/June_2005_1/author.html
>
>I don't recall giving you permission to use my copyright material-
>http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/June_2005_1/msg00041.html
>
>You're a hypocrite.
>
>Please remove it and any other uses of my copyright works or I might
>start a DMC complaint.

Didn't someone threaten you with that? You were surreptitiously
editing all of our posts - hey! to make yourself look good! Dave's
version of the newsgroup. Dave filters all information to make himself
look good! How unusual for Dave!

>>That's the same type of sites that Charly referred to as "a lot of spammy
>>sites" a few hours ago. Spam is evil. Greed drives spam. Greed is evil.
>>*smile*
>
>Tell me what's spammy about these pages
>http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/bram-stoker/
>http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/book-store/Books/browse-10399-salesrank-1.html
>http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/book-store/0316769487/The-Catcher-in-the-Rye.html
>
>The first is information (free) the second and third sells products
>people want. Visitors read the first page and order products from the
>other two, what is spammy about that?
>
>At least I don't make those waste of space Usenet mirrors that clog up
>some SERPs.

No. You just pretend to!

> What does everything under
>http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/ add to the net exactly, what if 80
>millions domains or so (including parked ones) contained Usenet mirror
>pages whose volume was 1000% of the master content?
>

>>> When I take on clients with few pages first advice is add more content
>>> pages, fortunately for the client I have the tools to help them do
>>> this if they can't do it themselves.

Are we once again referring to the 50 quid jobbie from Amazon?

>>> Took on a client with a 20 page site (never had a client with just 5
>>> pages) which isn't enough to do really well, now their site has over
>>> 3,000 pages indexed in Google with an increase in targeted traffic and
>>> sales (the client is happy and looking to expand their business).

Does this mean you added on 2,980 pages from books on related
subjects? I suppose it's a game plan of sorts.

>>That's great news for him and for you. I hope that not all of his
>>competitors follow suit though (see arguments above).
>
>Not concerned about your arguments above, my only concern would be a
>drop in sales for the client.
>
>>> I don't get full details of what my clients make, but when they stick
>>> with me for 6 months they generally don't leave due to the increase in
>>> profits.
>>>
>>> The clients who haven't done well have either quit the service early
>>> (under 6 months) or not made the changes recommended.
>>>
>>> So please tell me where the deception is Roy?
>>

>>Using statistics as a tool for high self-portrait while neglecting the very
>>important 'details', which are the nature by which you scrape the sites.
>
>Are the statistics false, are they even manipulated in a way to make
>them sound better than they are, what important 'details are
>supposedly missed out?
>
>Last time someone (Bill) suggested I was making visitor numbers up I
>removed the password from the sites basic statistics page for all to
>see for a few days. Everything I say is true and can be proved.

>So where is the deception?
>
>Also back up your statement above by showing a scraped site I own?
>
>You do know what a scraped site is?
>
>>You should become a prefessor. Publish some papers. Here is a place for you
>>to start:
>>
>>http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/
>>
>>"SCIgen is a program that generates random Computer Science research papers"
>
>That's almost funny.
>

>>> Do you really want me to post sale type stuff like this in the NG so
>>> you know how I work!! I'd probably get more clients from it, but I
>>> don't as a general rule chase new clients this way (currently turning
>>> clients away, not enough time in the day!).

Plenty of time to make lengthy posts though.

>>> You'll note I don't advertise SEO Services in my sig, I advertise a
>>> free SEO tutorial, I don't need more clients and haven't for a long
>>> time. SEO practically sells itself, finding clients is easy since they
>>> find you in bulk (10 quote requests so far today, each with the
>>> potential to make over £4,000 a year from)!

I find any quote request takes at least an hour in study to get a
bearing on the site in question. Amazing how you manage.

>>...but how do you perceive your /contribution/ to the Web? Please tell me,
>>seriously.
>
>Who cares? The web is a tool not a utopian society, I use it to make
>money for-
>
>myself
>my clients
>Google
>Amazon
>other affiliates
>
>You want to get philosophical about it, the literature sites make it
>easier for students studying classic literature to obtain access to
>those works for free.
>
>The sites selling Amazon products increase Amazon's sales (I'll
>probably sell well over half a million dollars worth of Amazon stock
>over the next 12 months),

Well you'll probably say you have, anyway.

> this helps make Amazon a more successful
>business keeping it in business and ensuring those employed by Amazon
>have a secure future.

!

BB
--