Re: Page Rank is back

  • Subject: Re: Page Rank is back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:28:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
  • References: <9g1n91hhhjtslvpg1cl4npil8rseud2jb2@4ax.com> <d7g2fl$3c6$0@pita.alt.net> <r8on91tdao278lrqiua4kahr9c1k7d5f5g@4ax.com> <d7h40u$iib$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <hv6o91hgkmmpsgajjrs5dmj2ls7op3oo1k@4ax.com> <mn0q911tuvbmehvc0kq7pshfbi4ef8vq8p@4ax.com> <grmq919ld9ih25muvlhss47fqot8ai2a1i@4ax.com> <Eidne.24179$Fv.15054@lakeread01> <p03r91hfpcrp4cl9a28oefmlnvgl98dnr7@4ax.com> <d7kdbl$2kpj$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <v7fr91dooncdiep31shp0ujqpovcgjoa6v@4ax.com>
SEO Dave wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:35:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>I still have that PR5 link to your site... and I have used no sarcasm near
>>your anchor text *smile*.
>>
>>If you are baffled be SEO Dave's stats, have a look at the sites
>>themselves. These sites appear to be based on nicking (or perhaps
>>re-using) copyable material which is added by the tens of thousands. I
>>wonder how his SERP opponents feel about it.
>
> LOL, well 99% of the content is either public domain or provided by
> affiliate companies for their affiliates use.
>
> So not a lot the competition can do about it :-)) Though if you check
> the sites main SERPs you'll find the sites tend not to do so well, the
> traffic is due to concentrating on LOTS of niche type SERPs that no
> one really cares about or track in any detail, this means the
> competition barely notice my sites, so if I was doing something wrong
> (which I'm not) I doubt they'd notice anyway :-)
>
> Though they could do what I've done, it's not exactly difficult to
> find and use this content to create very big sites.
>
>>Roy
>
> BTW where applicable my long term SEO clients get some of this content
> added to their sites. For example last month added an affiliate store
> to a clients affiliate site (which is quite funny when you think about
> it) and so far there's ~5,000 pages indexed (on a similar theme to the
> main content) and traffic has increased by 1,000 new visitors a day. I
> added much more content than this, so this is just the beginning of
> things to come.
>
> That was a hint if anyone reading this is looking for an SEO
> Consultant who can drive traffic to their site. For a reasonable
> monthly fee all this and more can be yours :-))

Whatever it is you do, be careful. WordPress <wordpress.org> used their
PageRank 8 (driven by the footer in 100,000+ blogs) to add 150,000
'articles' and then got banned from Google and dropped to PageRank of 0. It
was a different case though because invisible text was involved and AdSense
formed part of these so-called 'articles'.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com