Re: Google putting seo's out of work with xml spidering

  • Subject: Re: Google putting seo's out of work with xml spidering
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:42:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Big Bill wrote:

> I'm guessing anyway, as one thing people need an seo to tell them,
> usually, is thst their drop-down menu can't be navigated by the
> engines' spiders.

Actually, I believe you are mistaken. SE's can pick these up from the source
code. Another way to look at it is to say that drop-down menus prevent PR
'leakage' while serving human visitors just fine

> Now if the all the pages can be indexed in Google
> due to implementation of the xml sitemap, and cannot be indexed in
> other engines as their spiders can't traverse the links, Google's
> index will grow where others shrink. So the other engines simply have
> to follow suit here.

That's quite true. It gives Google an advantage... like a browser
implementing non-stardard features and opponent browsers forced to keep up.

> Mind you, let's see if the damn thing works first.

How will you ever know? Nobody knows the big picture the Google 'black box'.
All you can do is argue that you descended in SERP's ever since you XML'd
your sitemap. But how can you consider all the possible factors?

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com