Re: num lock

  • Subject: Re: num lock
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:55:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
Livewire wrote:

> In article <MPG.1d0fafbce3970b4c9897ef@news.eclipse.co.uk>,
> liveCUTTHISwire_100@N.lycos.com says...
>>

>> I'm probably missing the absolute obvious, but . . .
>>
>> I've got a Dell Inspiron 1000 (yes, I know!!) and I can't get the
>> numlock to work. The indicator lights up, but the keys have no effect.
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>
> Thanks for the help people
>
> It turns out I need to hold down the function key while using the
> numlock keys. Which is a right pain as I'm left-handed!

My instinctive thought was sarcastic: turn your laptop upside down.

But there are ways of suiting your needs and convenience, by remapping keys.
Under Windows 2000+ (excuse my assumption):

http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci962513,00.html

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com