Re: I hate Bourbon :(

  • Subject: Re: I hate Bourbon :(
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:06:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Stacey wrote:

> For everyone here is more about Bourbon.
>
> http://www.wwwcoder.com/main/parentid/285/site/5328/266/default.aspx
>
> Stacey

Very interesting. Thanks Stacey.

"Google is undergoing some of the most sweeping changes in its short, seven
year history. As of next week, Google will have finished sorting what might
be its largest algorithm shift ever as the final points of the 3.5 part
Bourbon Update were installed last Monday. This update has been staggered
into three and a half sections in order to avoid a massive amount of
dislocation in established rankings as was seen in previous major updates.
While changes stemming from the Bourbon Update have not actually manifested
into a full reordering of Google?s search engine results pages (SERPs),
many individual webmasters have reported fairly significant losses or gains
in ranking over the past few days."

So now there is something more concrete rather than rumours. I have changed
the statistics again and there was quite definitely a change over the
weekend. Sadly, I modified my content and even excluded pages (in
robots.txt) throughout these unannounced changes which often lead Webmaster
to blaming themselves. If Bourbon is sophisticated, it should be able to
knock the spammers off high positions and bring benefits to genuine sites.