Re: I hate Bourbon :(

  • Subject: Re: I hate Bourbon :(
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:08:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Borek wrote:

> I am nowhere... Links to my site with my anchor texts are everywhere
> above me. Not that I climbed high, but I was at 40-50 for some of my
> keywords. Seems that I was killed by stupid combination of all
> possible reasons named by others affected at WMW - 302 and same content
> for different URLs.
>
> It was a serie of stupid accidents - my son modified part of the code
> for me and he changed URL from /index.php?blabla= to /?blabla=. When
> I realized what happened I put some redirect into php, but I didn't
> know at the time that header("Location: ") sends 302, not 301. It is
> all corrected for quite some time now, but it seems these are exactly
> things that should be avoided lately.
>
> ^(*&#^(*&@#^(*@*&^@#@&*!!!!!!!! :(
>
> Best,
> Borek

I think (I'd emphasise /I think/) that I begin to see 'the light' again.
Google gave me many referrals yesterday. I know it doesn't give you (Borek)
any solace directly, but it means that something is /moving/... that after
a month of being deprived, there is apparently change. This indicates that
SERP's have changed in my favour in the past few days even though I didn't
get any significant inbound links.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com