Re: Install error...

  • Subject: Re: Install error...
  • From: Trevor Best <nospam@besty.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:57:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.win2000
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
sky15926 wrote:

I have uninstalled some existing, working applications under WS 2000
(latest SP installed). As I try now to install them again, using the same
CD's, I get the error
" C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT . The system file is not suitable for
running MS_DOS and
Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.'

Is there a parameter in the system wrongly setup? I repeat, I use exactly
the same CD's, and was very well istalled before...

Autoexec.nt sounds like an alternative or a back-up for autoexec.bat, which

autoexec.nt is not a backup but the equivalent of autoexec.bat, it's a batch file that runs whenever a command prompt window is opened. likewise there's a config.nt that works like the old config.sys.

--
[OO=00=OO]