Re: Penalty? If so, why?

  • Subject: Re: Penalty? If so, why?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:56:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Stacey wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
> d9g2f7$1jo3$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:d9g2f7$1jo3$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>>I have noticed something very odd. Judging by several different sites,
>>there
>> has been no PageRank update. However, in each of the 3 domains that I
>> own, there was a steady decrease of 1 in the PageRank values. Have I been
>> penalised? Is it possible? In exactly all 3 domains mentioned?
>

> Have they lost in positions? I have had some pages go down with PR but,
> they shouldn't have as they have the same navigation from the get go. I
> think it is a glitch from the last thing before taking away all PR to
> everyone.

As I continue to look, I can gather the following:

-Using proxies in the US, I get the old PR values! This only appears
differently on my machine no matter if I try the Firefox googlebar,
SearchStatus (Alexa combo) or even Bokma's Perl script.

-Google referrals are unchanged in numbers (SERPs accordingly)

-The PageRank numbers are flunctuating as we apeak and are sometimes not
reported (greyed out) or are 0.

> If they aren't losing positions, all PR, and not showing a cache
> snippet just URL this can sometime mean a penalty. I would set around and
> wait around for the next tweaking to know for sure.
>
> Stacey

Odd... this never happened before, which makes me act upon virtually nothing
and leads to paranoia. If my mood depends on Google's datacentres, perhaps
I ought to get some rehab...