Re: Is this illegal

  • Subject: Re: Is this illegal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:45:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Lauri Raittila wrote:

> in alt.html, Will S wrote:
>> I am just starting to use CSS and have H1 as centre style.
>
> I don't understand this sentence.
>
>> Now I am cheating by inserting graphics in the heading
>>
>> ie. <H1> graphics file </H1>
>
> [Subject:] Is this illegal
> No, it is best way to do it, if you have your heading in image. Of
> course, it would be better to not have text on images.

I think that the original poster knows very well that he does not comply
with standards. He cannot be assured that his pages will get rendered
correctly in all browsers. Moreover, he demands more tolerance from the
browser, which he should not do.

Since there is no font size associated with an image, why not just use a
more suitable, rational element than HEADER? If one already breaks the
rules by embedding important text in an image, why break the document
structure too? Having said that, if the header contains mathematics that
HTML cannot convey, then images are fine.

> And remember to use alt attribute in img element.
>
> [please include question in body, and use sencible subject line in
> future]

[sarcasm] But then nobody's gonna read it! [/sarcasm]

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com