Re: Bluetooth application

  • Subject: Re: Bluetooth application
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:55:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
dave wrote:

> I am looking for a way to SMS or chat over Bluetooth with other
> BT-enabled phones. Has anyone had any experience with any application
> out there?
>
> TIA

I advise you to have a look at the following page of reference:

http://www.palmsource.com/interests/mobile_messaging/

It will provide all the necessary pointers, I believe.

[snip]

    ...connection can also be established with cables, or for newer Palm
Powered handhelds, with Bluetooth (a technology for wirelessly connecting
devices within 30 feet). There is big potential in this technology;
suddenly the Palm Powered handheld is transformed into a device that can
send text messages...

[/snip]

--
Roy S. Schestowitz