Re: Whats the best

  • Subject: Re: Whats the best
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:57:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
Veritech wrote:

> depending on you budget have a look at the apple ibook and power book
> series.
>
> www.apple.com
>
> Asuming you are a windows user, as long as you don't mind learning a new
> os, i would do it. Feature/price wise the smaller versions can't be
> touched, just remember that the cpu speeds are sort of like the amd real
> clock speeds, so only cause a 12" ibook runs at 1.2Ghz doesn't mean that
> its like an old 1 GHz P3. I don't actually have one yet, but i plan on
> purchasing the 12" model around september.

Good choice. Ever since Mac OS X came around, this choice has been the
smartest one if user productivity and security are a top priority. I must
admit that although I use SuSE Linux, the Mac appears to be a much
better-integrated and reliable platform. My next computer will be a Mac
most likely... and I have tried many operating systems including Windows
for about 8 years.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com