Re: Audio File Formats

  • Subject: Re: Audio File Formats
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 02:43:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Scott wrote:

> I've put some music .mp3's on a new SD card to go with my daughter's
> Palm Zire 72, and they play fine. I also copied files from a radio
> program recorded by Replay Radio software, which were also saved
> in the .mp3 format.  When I try to play the radio program using
> Real Player on the Palm, I get a "fatal exception"...requiring a
> soft reset.  Am I missing something here?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

I think that this question more or less identifies the source of the
problem. Something in the way files are encoded by Replay Radio cannot be
handled by Real Player. Have you tried recording at a different sample
rate? Do these files work under Real Player on your desktop? Maybe you can
'filter' these files by opening them in a difference piece of software and
then re-saving them...

What I can also suggest is that you see whether Palm released a newer
version of their player. Maybe there will be a fix to that.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com