Clock Loses Time

  • Subject: Clock Loses Time
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 05:34:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
I am using SuSE 8.1 here. The KDE (panel) clock keeps losing time when heavy
work is run on the machine. The only way to restore the time (so that it is
/displayed/ correctly) is to <Adjust Date & Time>, which then leads me to
YaST2, which then requires me to enter root password and then re-apply the
time settings. It has has become a real nuisance (the clock drags _hours_
behind) recently and I wonder if a solution exists.

TIA,

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com