Re: PITA on Thunderbird

  • Subject: Re: PITA on Thunderbird
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:21:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not sure if it's me or BY being silly on this one.
>
> Using thunderbird for usenet and if I post something, I never get to see
> it unless either someone answers it or I look on groups.google. Anyone
> know what I have to do to see my own postings?

Make sure you have not banned yourself. This would explain the behaviour you
describe. The likelihood of toggling that 'trash' icon next to your own
name is high assuming that you review your posts.

No joy? Delete the news account and re-add. If no luck, get a more recent
version of Thunerbird. Don't give up on such a great application.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com