Re: Clock Loses Time

Kevin Miller wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> mjt wrote:
>>
>>>(Perfect Reign <theperfectreign@yahoo.com>) scribbled:

>>>... that's not the problem. the machine and system
>>>has the correct time - it's the kde clock that is
>>>not being updated visually
>>
>> Exactly. This is why I am not 100% sure that NTP will work. I will
>> download it anyway and try.
>>
>> Thank you 'Millers' and 'Perfect Reign'. I appreciate your advice.
>
> No need to download NTP.  You can enable/disable it in YaST.  In your
> case you'd want to do the NTP client I think.

I followed the link that one of you gave me and soon realised that it was
already installed. However, on this older SuSE distribution, it all seems
to be a little different.

> But I also didn't pick up on the KDE clock being out but the hardware
> and system clock being in step.  What happens if you just right click on
> the desktop and select 'Refresh Desktop'?

*Aha*

It seems like it has the potential to fix the problem (assuming I know when
the clock goes askew). I will need to try it next time I run something long
and heavy.

> Does that still take the
> desktop a long time to catch up?

I will soon find out.