Re: Moving files to SD

  • Subject: Re: Moving files to SD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:36:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
davegb wrote:

> (If this posting appears more than once, it's because I've been having
> trouble posting to any of my NG's since yesterday and have been testing
> here to try and resolve the problem.)
>
> I have Noah Lite and Wordnet Medium on my M500. Since Wordnet
> (dictionary file) is so huge, and I don't use it often, I'd like to
> move it to one of my SD cards. I tried just moving both files, using
> ZLauncher, but, as I feared, Noah Lite couldn't find Wordnet once
> they'd been moved. How do you move a set of files to an SD card so they
> can find each other (and eternal bliss, hopefully) on the other side?
> Thanks for your help.

I was once in the same position. I wanted to put the megabytes of data on
the SD card. I was using a Palm M130 at the time (with the medium-sized
data file). I never managed to make this shift successfully, so eventually
I moved many applications to the SD card and left all Noah Lite data in the
built-in memory.

As a matter of fact, on my Tungsten I still keep all data in the built-in
memory. I no longer tried to wrestle with this too much.

...so I tried, and always failed...

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com