Case Sensitivity in Linux Server

  • Subject: Case Sensitivity in Linux Server
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:00:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
A relative of mine compiled an extensive (~3,000 files) network of
genealogical Web pages. The problem is: he built all of this on a Windows
machine and made /many/ uppercase-lowercase inconsistencies. Due to the
large bulk of files, changing this by hand would be very impractical.

Is there a way I could graft the files onto a Linux server and get them to
work properly? Are there special settings/options for the server (maybe
.htaccess)? Are there tools that scan the files and convert them in some
way (also within) to make them all lower- or upper-case?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this.