Re: Google Adsense Display prob

  • Subject: Re: Google Adsense Display prob
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:18:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
jackwheeliebin wrote:

>>>it would be a mighty blow if MS caused
> Adsense ads not to appear by default. <<
>
> There's some people who say Google adsense spam should be treated in
> exactly the same way as pop-up / pop-under windows.

You can generalise it to all adverts. Google Adverts are just so common that
it's easy and safe (from content's point-of-view) to block them.

> Maybe Google
> toolbar 3.x will have a "Block Adsense" button along with block pop-up
> option.

What example will this set for competing toolbars?

> MSN and Yahoo already seem to demote sites that have adsense or only
> list the home page. It would be ironic if the web owners showing
> adsense or overture/yahoo ads become the next battle ground in the SE's
> war with each SE trying to kill off their opponents web owners adverts.

Good point. I think that while Google shines, one would rather stick to
AdSense.

Perhaps one day the delivery of search results will have have laws applied
which are similar to newspapers. Results will need to be unbiased from an
algorithmic point-of-view. Wouldn't that mean opening all the source
though?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com