Re: KMail: Schedule (Program) Mail Delivery

  • Subject: Re: KMail: Schedule (Program) Mail Delivery
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 06:11:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Jim wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I have been looking at many widegets in KMail 1.5.1, but I can't seem to
>> find a way of dispatching a message (in drafts) at a specific time and
>> date. Is this at all possible? I really need this functionality and I
>> hope it exists, not as a wishlist item.
>
> I don't think you can do that with Kmail itself. But you can do it with
> Kalarm, which is available at:
>
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=9966

Jim, Thomas,

Thanks for the advice. I have never used KAlarm before, but I have just
given it a spin and I am sure to use it in the future.

I use SuSE 8.2 with KDE 3.1 so it's rather outdated and KAlarm caters for
simple commands primarily. I don't know if future releases are more
sophisticated. Anyway, I have looked up KMail's command-line arguments:

===

Generic options:
  --help                    Show help about options
  --help-qt                 Show Qt specific options
  --help-kde                Show KDE specific options
  --help-all                Show all options
  --author                  Show author information
  -v, --version             Show version information
  --license                 Show license information
  --                        End of options

  -s, --subject <subject>   Set subject of message.
  -c, --cc <address>        Send CC: to 'address'.
  -b, --bcc <address>       Send BCC: to 'address'.
  -h, --header <header>     Add 'header' to message.
  --msg <file>              Read message body from 'file'.
  --body <text>             Set body of message.
  --attach <url>            Add an attachment to the mail. This can be
repeated.
  --check                   Only check for new mail.
  --composer                Only open composer window.

Arguments:
  address                   Send message to 'address'.

===

I can't see a helpful command-line argument. What's more, KMail is open 24/7
and I think this will reduce the flexibility further.

I will keep on trying...

Thanks again,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com