Re: Deleting a Folder from server.

  • Subject: Re: Deleting a Folder from server.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:59:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> plato wrote:
>

>>> "Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message

>>> but

>>> many thanks worked fine.
>
>> Consider changing your FTP client. If it cannot delete recursively, it
>> will probably not copy recursively either. There is an FTP client that's
>> build into Firefox and for a change it's free (and nag-free) even under
>> Windows. It is called FireFTP and there's a beta version.
>
> I had to install it as an extension, here, Roy.  Are you sure it's
> built into the Windows FF?

I have it installed on both a Linux machine (SuSE 8.2, FF 1.0.4) where it
has never crashed (remember it's a beta!) and on Windows 98 (FF 1.0.3)
where it can crash if you bang hard on it. It is rarely critical when an
FTP client crashes, unlike for example, text editors and a multi-tab
browsers. You can always pick things up where you were previously.

FireFTP is not marvellous on its own, but it's free, inter-operable and I
can open it in a new tab with just 2 keystrokes.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/05/08/firefox-ftp-client/

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com