Re: Deleting a Folder from server.

  • Subject: Re: Deleting a Folder from server.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:53:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> I had to install it as an extension, here, Roy.  Are you sure it's
>>> built into the Windows FF?
>
>> I have it installed on both a Linux machine (SuSE 8.2, FF 1.0.4) where it
>> has never crashed (remember it's a beta!) and on Windows 98 (FF 1.0.3)
>> where it can crash if you bang hard on it. It is rarely critical when an
>> FTP client crashes, unlike for example, text editors and a multi-tab
>> browsers. You can always pick things up where you were previously.
>
>> FireFTP is not marvellous on its own, but it's free, inter-operable and I
>> can open it in a new tab with just 2 keystrokes.
>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/05/08/firefox-ftp-client/
>
> As I said, I use it.  My question was about the claim that it's "build
> [sic] into Firefox".  If it's an extension, I don't see how it's built
> in.

I see what you mean now. I also noticed the typo after posting, but didn't
bother with supersede (having discussed its cr**piness a few days ago).

My phrasing in this NG was poor, admittedly. Let us hope, however, that the
Mozilla/Firefox team will begin to integrate more extensions in the future.
Mouse Gestures and FTP, for example, seem to me like simple yet valuable
features to all.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com