Re: Scratches on screen

  • Subject: Re: Scratches on screen
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:56:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
amn1717@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have a Tungsten E, the screen of which I had accidentally scratched
> before I could apply a screen protector. Is there any way to remove the
> scratches?

I think you must remove and replace the plastic layer in order to do so. It
is not simple.

> I also found the writing area rather insensitive recently,

The sensitivity slowly exacerbates, but probably not quickly enough to
become intolerable. It should last the lifetime of your Palm use, unless
you misuse it or hit it rather violently.

> had to write a bit harder. Is this common or is there a cause and
> remedy?

Screen overlays might help in slowing down the degradation. There might be
some software-side solutions that accept gentler taps.

> Anthony

I hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com