Re: Google PR greyed out .... anybody else getting it ?

  • Subject: Re: Google PR greyed out .... anybody else getting it ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:35:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
amor99@iname.com wrote:

> Paul Burke wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> No matter what site I go to, the google PR is greyed out. Maybe an
>> update going on ........... or just a glitch.
>>
>> Anybody else getting seeing it ?
>
> I just noticed this (I am in Italy).
> What is the situation at this time??
>
> Just yesterday I installed a lot of software:
> Ad-Aware ; SpybotSearch&Destroy ; and... Google Desktop.
> So I believed that this software was blocking PR from Google!
> I installed Google toolbar again, several times, but the PR remained
> grey
> for all websites.
>
> So I am wondering if it's a problem on my system or
> (I hope) a temporary problem from Google.
>
> Please update what's going on.
>
> Thanks,
> Giancarlo

The thread progressively leads to more and more speculation, but it's
inconclusive. The media says nothing and Google remain silent.

To cut a long story short, no PageRank is being reported, no matter how you
attempt to obtain it. Perhaps thus feature of the bar is discontinued or
perhaps it's being changed.

Like you, I spent a fair bit of time trying to fix the bar. I then spotted
this thread which indicated it was global.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com