Re: Link Icons: How do they get there?

  • Subject: Re: Link Icons: How do they get there?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 04:15:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
(PeteCresswell) wrote:

> Sometimes when I save a link to "Favorites", it comes with it's own
> special icon - presumably one that's not on my system drive anywhere.
>
> Then, a few days or weeks later, shortcuts like that spontaneously lose
> their
> special icon.   Could I inadvertantly have that particular icon somewhere
> and have moved the source?
>
> Can anybody elucidate?

This is the nature of Internet Explorer, which I assume you are using. If
you want the icons to appear permanently, upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.
Firefox also includes icons in its exported bookmarks, all which it holds
in boookmarks.html under the user's profile.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com