Re: Page Rank is back

  • Subject: Re: Page Rank is back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:37:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
SEO Dave wrote:

> On 30 May 2005 22:01:25 GMT, Ignoramus2969
> <ignoramus2969@NOSPAM.2969.invalid> wrote:
>
>>So much for the theory that google was disposing of PR. I hope that it
>>does not happen, for purely egocentric reasons (having a PR7 site).
>
> LOL, me too. I use PR as guide to how I'm doing in terms of getting
> enough links to everything, if a page is low PR I funnel more PR to
> it. I'd hate to have to use my brain to work it out :-))
>
> Think I got my highest day's traffic from all my sites yesterday, two
> of the main sites alone came to 14,000 visitors (each site had over
> 7,000 visitors, one of them has increased from just under 3,000 last
> month) so whatever Google's doing I like it a lot :-)

Are you sure it is Google that brought many of these visitors? And if so,
why? Was there a lot of content added or just a PR increase? I sometimes
feel like Google place greater emphasis on content while PR gets a lower
weighting. Then again, I might be wrong. My PR is quite poor.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com