Re: Page Rank is back

  • Subject: Re: Page Rank is back
  • From: SEO Dave <seodave@search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 01:09:38 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:41:50 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:37:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
><newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>SEO Dave wrote:

>>> LOL, me too. I use PR as guide to how I'm doing in terms of getting
>>> enough links to everything, if a page is low PR I funnel more PR to
>>> it. I'd hate to have to use my brain to work it out :-))
>>>
>>> Think I got my highest day's traffic from all my sites yesterday, two
>>> of the main sites alone came to 14,000 visitors (each site had over
>>> 7,000 visitors, one of them has increased from just under 3,000 last
>>> month) so whatever Google's doing I like it a lot :-)
>>
>>Are you sure it is Google that brought many of these visitors? And if so,
>>why? Was there a lot of content added or just a PR increase? I sometimes
>>feel like Google place greater emphasis on content while PR gets a lower
>>weighting. Then again, I might be wrong. My PR is quite poor.
>>
>>Roy
>
>Then again, David doesn't show us his log files, does he?
>
>BB

Are you suggesting I might be massaging the figures Bill?

Try -

http://www.free-recipes.co.uk/ webstat/usage_200505.html

Don't really want links to this page, hence the space).

I've have temporarily disabled password access to the automated
Webalizer stats. Have it password protected so there is no incentive
for log spammers to link to the site. Will put password access back on
in a couple of days.

Had the server reinstalled on the 8th this month and so logs deleted
prior to that, I assume you believe it was lower last month though :-)

As you can see from the above the last full days stats (30th May)
shows 9807 visitors (the last day, 31st isn't updated yet, shows first
few hours only). The day before (when I made the post) shows 7278
visitors like I said, 7,000 visitors up from under 3,000 last month.

You can see of all the referrers http://www.google.com/search and
http://www.google.co.uk/search are the top referrers after Direct
Requests. Webalizer stats like these aren't the most accurate, but
close enough for a quick view of things.

Anyway, looks like that one site is set to top 10,000 visitors a day
soon. Not bad for a domain I purchased 1 year and 1 month ago and have
not spent much effort on.

Do you need to see the other sites stats that hit over 7,000 visitors
the other day Bill or do you trust me now? 30th May saw 8392 visitors,
up from around 7,000 visitors a day last month for that site?

Can't be 100% sure these figures will hold, but if they do it's over
18,000 visitors a day between them.

I do have sites that are far less impressive, like a site I added on
the 12th May is getting about 350 visitors a day, and another one I
created on the 22nd May gets just 50 visitors a day :-)

How's your stats Bill?

Roy I've added a lot of new content to that domain in April (over
35,000 new pages indexed since April). So it's to do with new content
and the current sites standing.

David
--
Free Search Engine Optimization Tutorial
http://www.seo-gold.com/tutorial/