Re: What happened to the beloved alt.internet.search-engines?

> __/ [Big Bill] on Tuesday 01 November 2005 12:50 \__
>
>> <snip>
>>>

>>>It is still favourite group to be in and the discussion used to be very
>>>stimulating. Then came a wave of quirks and I thought to myself "is it
>>>only
>>>me?...". Finally I decided to ask and see if others sensed the same
>>>thing.
>>>The quality can degrade if occupancy in the group changes.
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Our only alternative is the forums. They seem to be peopled by folk
>> who spend so much time posting I doubt any of them do any actual work.
>>
>> BB
>
> Posting  and  discussing is about interactive learning, which is  in  some
> sense  working.  Working solely without communication or peer feedback  is
> bound  to failure.

Sometimes it is learning when there is something that is offered. I have not
seen very much offered lately.  People like Carol, Cat, Martin, and Peter
offered quite a bit. But those people post rarely and 1 no more. But when
posting becomes a nightmare and one is afaid to post their theories or what
they have found out for fear of flame wars then it is hopeless isn't it? I
doubt though it will be bound to failure as a few of us chat every now and
then....not on the NG however.

>Many things I have learned from you guys have helped me
> a  lot. If this community 'weakens', we might all suffer as a consequence,
> but that's just my personal stance.

Hmm, I don't see any suffering on this end. My site is still doing well, and
I have quite enjoyed discussing SEO on the outside rather than in here. Some
good friendships have come out of it.

Stacey