Re: What about Blogger.com

__/ ["Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"] on Friday 04 November 2005 10:58 \__

> Having just discovered Blogger.com does the group have any experience
> with web-site related Bloggs providing backlinks to main site?
>
> Cheers
> Pete

If  you have some friends with a blog, ask them to give you a link,  espe-
cially if their blog is related to fitness. If you are thinking about cre-
ating  blogs merely to be a lifeless home for links, then you are thinking
about splogs and search engine spamming.

You  might  want to speak to someone particular in this group  --  someone
whose  'success' is/was attributed to splogs. I ought to point out to  you
that Google are 'cleaning up' (READ: deleting) blogs whose purpose is just
SEO  (outbound links). They came under heavy criticism for allowing  these
to exist in the past. Example:

http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/16/1302867.html

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
 11:05am  up 1 day  7:03,  3 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.56, 0.60