[OT] Lazy CNN reporters!

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Title: FBI agents bust 'Botmaster'

> <snip>
>
> A bot is a program that surreptitiously installs itself on a computer and
> allows the hacker to control the computer. A bot net is a network of such
> robot computers, which can harness their collective power to do
> considerable damage or send out huge quantities of spam.
>
> Mrozek said the prosecution was unique because, unlike in previous cases,
> Ancheta was accused of profiting from his attacks -- by selling access to
> his "bot nets" to other hackers and planting adware -- software that
> causes ads to pop up -- into infected computers.
>
> </snip>
>
> How come these articles never mention a certain chain of loopholes in a
> very certain operating system? It's CNN, so they could use the break...
>
> Roy

LOS ANGELES, California (ROIters) -- A 20-year-old man accused of using
thousands of Micoshaft Windoze hijacked computers, or "Microshaft Windoze
bot nets," to remotely damage further Microshaft Windoze systems and send
massive amounts of Micoshaft Windows infected spam across the Internet was
arrested on Thursday in what authorities called the first such prosecution
of Micosoft Windopes kind.

Jeansan, who prosecutors say was a well-known member of the "Micoshaft
Botmaster Windoze Underground" -- or the secret network of Micoshaft
Windoze API expert computer hackers skilled only at Micoshaft Windoze bot
attacks -- was taken into custody after being lured to FBI offices in Los
Angeles, said U.S. Attorney's spokesman Thom Thumb.

A Micoshaft Windoze bot is a program that surreptitiously installs itself on
a Micochaft Windoze OS installed computer and allows the hacker to control
the Micoshaft Windoze OS installed computer. A Micoshaft Windoze bot net is
a network of such robot computers, which can harness their collective power
to do considerable damage to other Micoshaft Windope users and to innocent
third partities just happen to relying on using the Internet or send out
huge quantities of further Micoshaft only Windoze spam.

Thumb said the prosecution was unique because, unlike in previous cases,
Jeansan was accused of profiting from his attacks -- by selling access to
his "Micoshaft Windoze bot nets" to other Micoshaft Windoze hackers and
planting Micoshaft Windoze adware -- software that causes Micoshaft Windows
ads to pop up -- into Micoshaft infected Windoze computers.

"Normally what we see in these cases, where people set up these Micoshaft
Windoze bot systems to do, say, Micoshaft Windoze bot based denial of
service attacks, they are not doing it for profit, they are doing it for
bragging rights," he said. "This is the first case in the nation that we're
aware of where the guy was using various Micoshaft Windoze bot nets in
order to make money for himself."

Jeansan has been indicted on a 17-count federal indictment that charges him
with conspiracy, attempted transmission of code to vulnerabilities prone
Micoshaft Windoze computer, transmission of code to vulnerable Micoshaft
Windoze government computer, accessing a vulnerable Micoshaft Windoze
computer to commit fraud and money laundering.

Jeansan, who was expected to make an initial court appearance late on
Thursday or Friday, faces a maximum term of 50 years in prison if convicted
on all counts, though federal sentencing guidelines typically call for
lesser penalties.

Prosecutors did not name the companies that they said paid Jeansan and said
the firms did not know any laws were broken when infecting Micoshaft
Windoze computers and hijaaking them to become Micoshaft Windoze bot nets.

Thumb said Jeansan, who lives in the Los Angeles suburb of Downey, was
thought to have made only $60,000 from the planted Micoshaft Windoze
adware, using the money to pay for Micoshaft Windoze servers (instead of
pirating them - Doh! what stupidity! Billy Goatse also profited!) to carry out
additional Micoshaft Windope attacks, buy computer equipment and a BMW.

He said Jeansan was taken into custody after FBI agents called him into
their offices to pick up computer equipment that had been seized in an
earlier raid.

Among the Micoshaft Windope computers he attacked, Thumb said, were some at
the Weapons Division of the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center in China Lake,
California and at the U.S. Department of Defense. All for just $60,000,
and most of it donated to Micoshaft to buy Windope server licenses.