Re: Free HTML Editor with Spell and Grammar checking

  • Subject: Re: Free HTML Editor with Spell and Grammar checking
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:14:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [Jon] on Saturday 05 November 2005 11:29 \__

>  Hello,
>
> After a friend pointed out a load of errors on my page I've realised that I
> need a spell checker.
>
> Could anyone recommend a free piece of software that will understand my
> html and check for spelling and grammar?
>
> I use Windows XP.
>
> Regards,
>
> fcmisc.

Hi,

Use AbiWord:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/AbiWord_for_Windows/1023303864/1

It recently had a grammar checker introduced (OpenOffice lacks it due to
licensing issues). I suggest you use AbiWord to write your HTML markup as it
if was a simple text/HTML editor.

Judging by some replies, I am not too sure if you want quick and automated
validation service too, just to ensure your code is 'sane'. I personally use
a mouse gesture to quickly validate the page I look at. It redirects to the
W3 validator with referrer as the page to check.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
  5:10am  up 3 days  1:08,  5 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.29, 0.36