Re: ZIMBRA

__/ [boobie] on Saturday 05 November 2005 07:01 \__

> Zimbra, Ok, YACAT (Yet another cool ajax thing)
>
> Can someone please explain to me why oh why humanity needs yet another
> email server/client ??????
> or is Zimbra more than that ?

Being Web-based, it will be accessible from anywhere and yet be
highly-functional and easy to work with. It is a matter of portability, not
to mention factors like back-ups, sharing of calendaring information. For
the same reason, AJAX document management and spreadsheets are worked on.
Even Office is said to have an Internet version pending. Gates said so.