Re: Opera experience - update

  • Subject: Re: Opera experience - update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:46:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [Charles Sweeney] on Sunday 06 November 2005 01:06 \__

> Ed Jay wrote
>
>> Charles Sweeney <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>I've been using Opera as my default browser for a few weeks.  I like
>>>it a lot.

I installed it when it became free and was very impressed with it. Polished,
robust, features-rich. It didn't render some pages the way I had hoped and
did not cope with frames as I had hoped either. It put me off slightly.

>> I've been using it for a couple of years. It's great.
>>>
>>>Just love the shortcuts for the bookmarks, the zoom and the mouse
>>>gestures.

You can use them in Firefox too. There are at least 4 extensions that are
intended to provide mouse gestures support. I was using gestures more often
before I learned keyboard shortcuts, which are still quicker.

>>>I now find myself trying to do the mouse gestures in other apps!
>>>
>>>Opera, they think of everything!
>>
>> Except how to properly market it.

Deep pockets help, so it's unfair to suggest that.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/05/1436226&tid=217&tid=154&tid=98

> I don't know much about them.  Their browser is free.  I don't imagine
> they are dripping in cash.  I reckon they do pretty well considering.

If/when Internet Explore to vanishes (tangential to a Windows demise), the
balance will change. They must wait patiently.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  3:35am  up 2 days 23:33,  5 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.55, 0.52