Re: Mouse Gestures - Linux (Was: Opera experience - update)

  • Subject: Re: Mouse Gestures - Linux (Was: Opera experience - update)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:30:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [John Bokma] on Sunday 06 November 2005 05:51 \__

> Charles Sweeney <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I've been using Opera as my default browser for a few weeks.  I like
>> it a lot.
>>
>> Just love the shortcuts for the bookmarks, the zoom and the mouse
>> gestures.
>>
>> I now find myself trying to do the mouse gestures in other apps!
>
> IIRC there is software to do just that, recall I saw something like that.
>
> Blender is another application I know that supports them :-D.

__/ [brucie] on Sunday 06 November 2005 06:01 \__

> http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

The above is for Windows only. Let's not forget Linux, which has that
functionality too

http://www.stressbunny.com/wayv/doc/screen-shot1.shtml

Like I said elsewhere in this thread, keyboard shortcut are still quicker and
xbindkeys handles that well. I think KDE has that in its core and allows
things beyond just desktop functionality to be invoked.