Re: How to make complete backup of Palm Zire 31?

  • Subject: Re: How to make complete backup of Palm Zire 31?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 05:36:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [Laurent Bugnion] on Saturday 12 November 2005 08:05 \__

> Hi,
>
> Noozer wrote:
>
>> I've had a few occasions where installing a program into my Palm Zire 31
>> has caused it to crash, and doing a soft reset would immediately cause an
>> error. When this happens I have to do a hard reset, which erases all my
>> settings, programs, etc.
>>
>> Is there a way to make a complete backup of the Palm, so I can restore it
>> after a hard reset - programs, settings, etc. ????
>
> Does the Zire 31 has a SD card slot? If yes, buy a SD card and an
> onboard backup solution. My all time preferate (and believe me, I used a
> few...) is RescoBackup, but there are many others.
>
> HTH,
> Laurent

I don't know if RescoBackup is free or not, but I sure know that BackupBuddy
would cost for little added value. If Laurent's suggestion is not
sufficiently good, be sure to have a look at an SD card-based backup
application called Red Feline Backup:

http://www.redfelineninja.dsl.pipex.com/software/rfbackup.html

Don't be deterred by the name. I have happily used it for years. It just
mirrors your RAM/ROM, thus putting everything in two places.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
  5:30am  up 11 days  1:28,  2 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.33, 0.49