Re: Two domains pointing to one site?

  • Subject: Re: Two domains pointing to one site?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:35:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [-bee] on Tuesday 15 November 2005 06:27 \__

> Big Bill schrieb:
>
>> On 14 Nov 2005 20:43:20 -0800, cplas@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >I've got two domains pointing to one site, would Google have a problem
>> >with this?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Kristoff Plasun
>>
>> How do you come to have them both, why are they pointing to the same
>> site and are they related?
>>
>> BB
>> --
>> www.kruse.co.uk/ seo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>          The buffalo have gone
>

> I think Kristoff is talking about a parked domain where you only
> service one domain and the other mirrors same files with a different
> domain name.  Like this you can get your name in different
> directories...   and no Google does not have a problem with it.

Google should not have a problem with this unless you do something peculiar.
The scenario you describe is a very common one too.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
  6:30am  up 12 days  2:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.23, 1.30