Re: Jagger1, Jagger2, Jagger3, what'd they each do?

  • Subject: Re: Jagger1, Jagger2, Jagger3, what'd they each do?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:56:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [WhoTurnedOffTheLights] on Tuesday 15 November 2005 16:27 \__

> "Big Bill" <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>1 and 2, to me, nothing at all except I moved a handful of places up
>> and down at the top of the serps. This I think of as natural, like
>> ripples on a pond, and reflected what was going on around me.
>> Who got hit by 1 and 2 please? What are other people's experiences?
>> When were they affected and have they come back yet?
>
> Following the Sept. 22 comeback (which lasted 3 weeks) I went beyond
> previous levels of visitorship. Normal for me for that time of year
> would've been 5-7,000 visitors per day. Instead it was 7-9,000 per day.
>
> Jagger overall began for me in the middle of October.
> Jagger's 1 and 2 were much worse for me than the Bourbon aftermath. Current
> numbers barely reach above 2,000.
>
> Jagger 3? I've seen changes in SERPs for keyword phrases I follow but it
> still hasn't been beneficial for me.
>
> But, I do extremely well through MSN. So, are surfer bob and jane migrating
> to MSN and other SEs in lieu of Google? Who knows.

Sooner or later people will perceive Google the way same Microsoft is
perceived by most. Some suggest it is the case already, but let's remember
that Google are Open Source-oriented. It appears to be /size/ that make them
evil as they soon become a monopoly that is difficult to compete with.

Microsoft's crimes: bundling of software, acquisition of small companies,
proprietary software, etc.

Google crimes: privacy is compromised, algorithms get misused, one product
relies on or benefits another. This leads to dependability.

My two cents...