Re: IMHO, you folks will find this site interesting

  • Subject: Re: IMHO, you folks will find this site interesting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:28:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [Safalra] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 18:53 \__

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:57:10 -0800, Ed Jay wrote:
>> Well, I found it interesting.
>>
>> http://dontclick.it/
>
> It's nice to see people are exploring new interface ideas. However, I think
> that while this interface could be fun in a game, it's unlikely to take off
> in serious applications - in current interfaces it's nice to be able to
> move over an interface element without it performing some action, and it
> facilitates exploratory learning (especially through things like tooltips),
> and this new interface would need a lot of usability research performed to
> make it easy to add clickless GUIs to your applications without making them
> unusable.

I agree. You can't take the 'trigger element' out of interaction. Movement is
not restricted enough. Think of it as driving without the pedals. The car
defines the speed based on some fuzzy criterion.

I enjoyed seeing the site though. They did some nice work, which is neat
'proof of concept'. To me, it is nothing but 'disproof of concept'.